Monday, January 9, 2012

Why I love to nurse my toddler

That's right Toddler!  I know I'm so UN-American but it is so wonderful I had to share some of the reasons why!
  • Fussy - put her on the boob for a few minutes and then she is a happy, content child again.
  • Hurts - nursing is a pain reliever
  • Sucking - I don't have to mess with pacifiers, or her sucking her thumbs, she is able to fulfill that need during our nursing sessions.
  • Food - I don't worry about how much she ate and when.  She eats often but I know everyday she is getting "good" food when she nurses.
  • Sleep - So easy to put her to sleep!  No crying, going to be is a happy time at our house.
  • Sick - When she is sick, nursing helps me keep her hydrated and feed when she wont eat anything else.
  • Sick - We don't get sick that often and when we do it is very mild!  Thanks to all those immunities in breast milk.
  • Calm - Nursing releases hormones, when I'm grumpy and she is too, a few minutes of nursing and all is right with the world again.
This list could go on and on!  SO many wonderful benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment