Recipe for Homemade Chap-stick. I love this and always have one with me.
Heat the following in the microwave until melted (heat 20-30 seconds at a time):
- 1.5 tsp Beeswax
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Cocoa Butter
- 3 tsp Oil (I use 1 tsp Olive, 1 tsp Jojoba, 1 tsp Avocado)
- 3 Capsules Vitamin E
- 5-12 drops essential oils (I used Sweet Orange and Lavender)
- Use a Pyrex measuring cup, so you can pour into the tubes.
- Do NOT use emulsifying wax not the right texture for chap-stick.
- Experiment with different essential oils to get a unique smell.
- Mountain Rose Herbs is a great place to find the ingredients.